This is an essential reference book for all IT professionals involved in the planning, management and benchmarking of software development and enhancement projects, and for teachers of software engineering subjects and related topics. In this release we have provided the following analyses to assist with project planning.
- The breakdown of effort by project phase
- The breakdown of effort by role for projects
- The Impact of Techniques & Tools
- Web projects compared to non web projects
- The impact of re-use in projects
The information in this book will help with:
- Estimating and planning the effort in each of your project phases
- Establishing the likely project effort for each of the project resources
- The usefulness of various techniques and tools
- What you should allow for if you are planning and managing a web project
- The impact of employing a re-use strategy
Purchasers of this book should be aware that the first four of the analyses have been previously released as Special Analysis Reports.